ATROCITY ACT (Chapter- 3)
CHAPTER - 3
10. Removal of person likely to commit offence :-
(1) Where the Special Court is satisfied, upon a complaint or a police report that a person is likely to commit an offence under Chapter II of this Act in any area included in "Scheduled Areas" or "Tribal Areas", as referred to in Article 244 of the Constitution, it may, by order in writing, direct such person to remove himself beyond the limits of such area by such route and within such time as may be specified in the order, and not to return to that area from which he was directed to remove himself for such period, not exceeding two years, as may be specified in the order.
(2) The Special Court shall, along with the order under subsection (1), communicate to the person directed under that subsection the grounds on which such order has been made.
(3) The Special Court may revoke or modify the order make under sub-section (1), for the reasons to be recorded in writing, on the representation made by the person against whom such order has been made or by any other person on his behalf within thirty days from the date of the order.
11. Procedure on failure of person to remove himself from area and enter thereon after removal :-
(1) If a person to shom a direction has been issued under Section 10 to remove himself from any area -
(a) fails to remove himself as directed; or
(b) having so removed himself enters such area within the period specified in the order,
otherwise than with the permision in writing of the Special Court under sub-section (2), the Special Court may cause him to be arrested and removed in police custody to such place outside-such area as the Special Court may specify.
(2) The Special Court may, by order inwriting, permit any person in respect of whom an order under Section 10 has been made, to return to the area from which he was directed to remove himself from such temporary period and subject to such conditions as may be specified in such order and may required him to execute a bond with or without surety for the due observation of the conditions imposed.
(3) The Special Court may at any time revoke any such permission.
(4) Any person who, such permission, returns to the area from which he was directed to remove himself shall observe the conditions imposed an dat the expiry of the temporary period for which he was permitted to return or on the revocation of such permission before the expiry of such temporary period, shall remove himself outside such area and shall not return there to within the unexperied portion specified under section 10 without a fresh permission.
(5) If a person fails to bserve any ot the conditions imposed or to remove himself accordingly or having so removed himself enters or returns to such area without fresh permission the Special Court may cause him to be arrested and removed in police custody to such place outside such area as the Special Court may specify.
12. Taking measurements and photographs, etc., of persons against whom order under section 10 is made :-
(1) Every person against whom an order has been made under Section 10 shall, if so required by the Special Court, allow his measurements and photo-graphs to be takan by a plice officer.
(2) If any person referred to in sub-section (1), when required to allow his measurements or photographs to be taken resists or refuses to allow his taking of such measurements or photographs, it shall be lawful to use all necessary means to sevure the taking thereof.
(3) Resistance to or refusal to allow the taking of measurements or photographs under sub-section (2) shall be deemed to be an offence under Section 186 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
(4) Where an order under Section 10 is revoked, all measurements and photographs (including negatives) taken under sub-section (2) shall be destroyed or made over to the person against shom such order is made.
13. Penalty for noncompliance with order under Section 10 :-
Any person contravening an order of the Special Court made under Section 10 shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year and with fine.